Speedy tasty dinners are where it’s at. We love a pop of natural sweetness in our savoury dishes.
We added a little banana to the curry itself and then also a little extra on top. Spicy, sweet, plant-based deliciousness.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Servings - 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes or 400g of passata
- 2 tbsp smooth all natural peanut butter
- 160 - 250 ml water; start with less and add more to reach desired consistency
- 2 cans of green lentils, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 medium banana sliced
- Sea or Rock Salt to taste
- Pickled onions, , sliced banana, dairy free yogurt, chopped peanuts and coriander for serving
- Heat a pan or pot over medium heat. Add oil followed by the garlic. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the spices, chopped tomatoes, peanut butter, and 160ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return sauce to the pot, add the coconut milk and stir in to combine.
- Add in the lentils and leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- At this stage add more water to reach the desired consistency and season with salt to taste.
- Stir in chopped banana and allow to heat through for 5 more minutes.
- If you’ve added too much water just leave the curry to simmer for a further 10 - 15 minutes until some of the water has evaporated.