Our Chunky Vegan Banana Pecan Granola, lightly sweetened with banana and just a touch of maple syrup granola, is our go-to when we fancy a whole lot of crunch on our plant-based yogurt bowls. We’re also partial to a handful straight from the jar.
It’s incredibly easy to make with just a little blending, one bowl for mixing, and just a little patience while it cooks and cools for ultimate chunky crispy clusters. This delicious recipe is inspired by our Pecan Pick-Me-Up Karma Bar :)
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients200g jumbo oats, gluten-free if necessary
60g pecans roughly chopped
2 tbsp milled flaxseed
1 small ripe banana, approx. 120g
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp (42g) coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp (15g) smooth drippy almond or peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 135C (275F).
- Mix together oats, pecans, and flaxseed in a large bowl.
- Blend together banana, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and smooth peanut butter in a jug with a hand blender or in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add wet to dry and mix well to combine.
- Place on a baking paper-lined tray and spread out evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove, and break up into clusters and chunks. It will still be pretty undercooked except for maybe around the edges. Carefully mix everything up, then return to the oven for 25 minutes, tossing to make sure it cooks evenly. It should be crisp to the touch but will crispen up more as it cools.
- Once cool, store in a seal tight container, or jar for a few weeks out of direct sunlight. It will probably last longer... but you will most definitely have munched your way through it by then!