We went all out on the chocolate front. This is our “dessert” granola, though not at all reserved for dessert. For those mornings when you just need a chocolate fix, this is a little sweeter than the banana pecan one, delicious as a snack right from the jar, or on top of a mighty bowl of your favourite dairy-free yogurt or ice cream alternative. If you haven’t tried granola as an ice cream topping, DO IT!
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 40 minutes
Servings - 8 - 10
- 300g jumbo oats
- 100g almonds, roughly chopped
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 60g coconut sugar or soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 90g coconut oil, melted
- 30g smooth almond butter
- 40g cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 60ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g mini vegan dark chocolate chips; for adding once cooked!
- Preheat your oven to 130C (260F).
- Mix together oats, almonds, chia seeds, coconut, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix together melted coconut oil, almond butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla in a jug or bowl. Once well mixed add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix everything well until all the dry ingredients are completely coated!
- Pour out onto a large baking paper lined baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and toss around a bit. Bake for 10 minutes more and then toss again.
- Bake for a final 10 minutes, so 40 minutes total and allow to cool FULLY without any more tossing to allow some clumps and chunks to set.
- Once fully cool carefully mix through the chocolate chips and store in a seal tight large jar or glass container for up to two weeks.